OK, I never post anything so my daughter's have inspired me to play along:
1. Growing up, I never liked my name, but now that I'm older and wiser (and Maddie is named after me), I really think it is a pretty name.
2. I love to read, and I get nervous if I don't have a book handy. Last two books I read were "The Appeal" by John Grisham, and "A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity," by Bill O'Reilly. (yes my liberal children, it was a great read!)
3. Food is my reason for living. I exercise not to lose weight, but so I can eat more food and not totally blow up like a total whale. Favorite things, too numerous to mention.
4. I am the most blessed woman on the planet. Born of goodly parents, a husband I adore, children who make me proud beyond my wildest dreams, and more blessings than I can count.
5. Moving to Larkin Lane 4 years ago was one of our best decisions so far. Love the neighborhood, people, and everything about it.
6. Our newly remodeled house is a dream come true. I can't think of one thing I would change about how our house turned out. I don't consider myself a materialistic person, but I LOVE THIS HOUSE!
7. My grandchildren (and Homer the turtle boy) are some of the true joys in my life. Being the best gram on the planet is something I try very hard to maintain. Not always, easy, but so very worth it when I see the look on those grandkids faces when they come to "Gram Maddies."
8. Going to college and getting my degree from Weber State over 10 years ago was one of the best decisions I ever made. It was difficult going to school while raising 5 kids, being Relief Society President, and working full time. But if it was easy, everybody would do it.
9. My best friend in my life is my sweetheart and buddy Mike. He supports me in everything I do, still makes me laugh after 35 years of marriage, and is everything I ever wanted in a husband.
10. Did I mention I love food??? I also love my built-in ice maker which allows me to have soda's "on the rocks" any time. I usually limit my intake to 2-3 sodas a week, and after a hard day, there is nothing like a Dr. Pepper to calm me down.
11. We have a big yard with our new house, and I really enjoy working outside. Never have before in any other house, but this yard is amazing and I miss being outside working in the yard and garden during the winter. Spring will come, and I can't wait to get back outside.
12. I am "electronically challenged." If Mike had a dollar for every time I said "Buddy, something is wrong with the TV," he would be a millionaire. If he goes before me, I will be sitting in the dark a lot waiting for one of my kids to come and help me change from DVD to TV.
13. Walking outside (with a little running thrown in to get the old heart rate up) is relaxing and enjoyable. It gives me time to look at the beauty around me and count my blessings on long, long walks.
14. I have a job that I truly enjoy and was meant to do. Working in Human Resources with so many different people, with so many new and interesting challenges every day is what I was meant to do. Time at home is priceless, but I was meant to do what I am doing. With the economy as bad as it is right now, I feel so lucky to have a job at all, let alone one I love.
15. I have amazing children. I know I mentioned that before, but it bears repeating. You never dream growing up that your family could be so wonderful, but it is true. They are all smart, honest, educated, loving, and truly more than any mother could ever hope. I must have done something right before coming to this earth to deserve the children I have.
16. I am a counselor in the Relief Society presidency in our ward for about the BILLIONTH time during my years of serving in the church. I whine about it sometimes and am fearful that I could be the next president after our current one gets released, but I will accept (but not aspire to) whatever happens. Service in the church is part of the deal. I have been blessed more than anyone on the planet, so I accept any calling that is asked of me.
17. Mike cooks dinner for me about once a week. There is nothing better than coming home after a 10-hour day and having dinner ready. Beats new clothes, shoes, or any other luxury item I could have.
18. I do, however, love shoes. I also love a bargain and can only remember buying maybe two things that were "full price" in my entire life. Once for our anniversary (maybe 10 or 15 years ago) Mike took me to the mall and FORCED me to pay full price for a pair of shoes. I think they were $35. Nearly killed me, but I wore those shoes for a long time.
19. I love my red hair (which is now "Hair Play" colored red), my long eyelashes, and my long legs. I don't like my teeth, my lack of a cute butt, and my bulging gut. Can't have everything I guess.
20. I am addicted to the "Bill O'Reilly" news show and we watch it every week night. I sometimes flip for a few minutes to Chris Matthews just to get a taste of the liberal. What can I say, I am a conservative Republican (much to the dismay of my kids) all the way.
21. Watching TV is very relaxing to me. Favorite shows are Grey's Anatomy, Without a Trace, Lost, Medium, The Closer, Scrubs and the Office. Don't like reality shows (except when I watched The Bachelor when Brooke was at home, and watching Survivor because Mike likes it.)
22. Four more to go. I will be 57 next month and can't believe I am that old. I only feel that old after driving to work and I try to get out of the car looking graceful and young. What I want to yell is "a little help here -- who's going to hoist me out of here???"
23. I grew up in a family with 6 kids. I was #3 and I have an older sister Deanna who lives in Wyoming; Larry who lives in N. Salt Lake, then younger siblings are Richard who also works at Autoliov and makes me laugh everytime I talk to him; Alan who lives in Texas, and Sherilee who just moved to Springville from Virginia.
24. I have the coolest light green washer and dryer. It is a Whirlpool duet steam, and I use the "refresh" cycle every day and hardly ever have to iron anything. AWESOME!
25. I could not have been a pioneer woman because I don't do well with pain. I had to have two teeth pulled a couple of weeks ago and the dentist gave me extra "juice" so there wouldn't be even a hint of any pain. I am a wussie.